Monday, November 30, 2009

Time Is On My Side?

Time is a difficult concept to grapple with these days on many levels. On most weeks Monday through Thursday go quickly, and normally leave me pretty exhausted. Fridays are filled with lesson planning and housekeeping neglected during the week—shuffling dresses from the back of a chair or the top of my mosquito net back to the twin size bed sitting collecting dust. The dust collecting requires attention in itself; sweeping a couple times a day. Saturday and Sunday always feel like the hardest. I have plenty to do, but my mind feels more idle for a reason I can not explain. The weeks pass by and they seem to go slowly, but then a new month arrives. I am beginning to feel like I am living in a permanent summer. Then there is future time, where I have to travel two weeks from now, a couple months from now, when the next devoir is going to be, and that makes time feel like it has the ability to move at a hastened pace. I worry I will never do more than merely teach here for two years, accomplishing secondary tasks seem difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment